Ariane Denise Lunod, owner of Simone's Closet have definitely made a name in online shopping and fashion blogging. A mom at 23, she sure knows how to keep her style cute and chic. I have met her once and though we didn't say much other than the transaction, Denise is a keeper, whether you're a client, or a friend especially.
1) So tell us a little something about yourself?
Hello everyone I am Ariane Denise. I prefer people to call me Denise. I am 23 years old a young mom of a cute little girl. I am working as a home-based copywriter for an international brand of lingerie. I wanted to work at ACE SAATCHI & SAATCHI Ad agency, I hope I will be able to make it there. I am just an ordinary girl doing extraordinary things.
2) When did you start blogging and What/Who pushed you into making one?
I started blogging last 2009 back to when I started my own fashion shop at multiply. I call my store Simone's Closet where I sell posh and chic thrifted clothes. I entered blogging basically just to promote my online shop, but on the process I realized I have a lot of things to write about. When I saw Bestie's blog which is The Capricious Club, I realized how fulfilling it is to showcase your everyday outfits and your stories about it to your readers. I realized I had A LOT of outfits that I should have shared on my blog, and that dressing-up is not just about plainly dressing-up to become beautiful, but to show to everyone that behind every outfit you wear, there's a remarkably wonderful story about it. Simply put, my blog has become my outlet for creativity, and a mirror to who I really am.
3) How would you define your personal style?
I guess anything related to myself is hard to define haha! I mean I have so much things to say to myself simply because I know myself very well. But to give the readers a bird's eye view of my personal style, I think I am more of a trendy girly girl. I love infusing a fashion trend to my outfit, and I make sure I look girly. I am more fond of wearing flats and stylish sandals rather than wedges or heels, I am a commuter so I make sure I dress comfortably and fashionably.
4) Who, would you say, are your fashion icons/inspirations? When it comes to fashion icons or inspirations, I look up to a woman who knows how dress herself with her personality, and not just plainly dressing-up for the trend or to annoy other women. I look up to Bestie of The Capricious Club because she knows how to look fashionable even when she's wearing a polo and pants combo. I also admire Cheena of The Photographer's Girl even before I met her, looking through her outfits in her blog makes me admire her styling skills. She knows how to look girly with an attitude. I also love Karla of Karla's Closetfor very edgy and strong outfits (I wish to dress like her hehe) and lastly, Anna Delo Russo for such a sophisticated yet sexy outfits, such a power-dresser! Celebrities, I love the Olsen twins' style and Olivia Palermo.
5) Other than fashion and blogging, what other hobbies are you into?
My hobby right now is managing my online shop. Browsing in chictopia and saving all the outfits in one folder for reference haha! I need to learn how to pose more in front of the camera so I grab photos of fashionable ladies. hehe. Then I play the organ, I am currently mastering A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton. I also love to watch movies in dvd or in cable channels. Lastly, when I have free time I makeover my old clothes to give it a new look.
6) Any tips or advise to those who would like to start a blog or fashion blog?
Just be yourself as most of the bloggers would say, because that's the only thing that your readers will love about you. Second, do blog for yourself and not for the pressure of pleasing all your readers or get more followers and comments. Yes it's true to make your blog interesting so you can invite people to get engaged into your blog, or in the long run will follow you, but always keep in mind, you cannot please everybody so just relax and blog because you want to and not because you wanted to please others. If people see that your blog is real and interesting then followers will come naturally. Lastly, from time to time thank your readers or followers by visiting their blogs too and replying to their comments. Be approachable and friendly at all times. HAVE FUN AND SHARE GOOD VIBES!
Just so everyone knows, I have discovered Simone's Closet Shop through Ava (as I said, Ava was the one who opened my eyes to different fashion bloggers I didn't have any idea about here in Blogger) :D -- Although I forgot to mention her blog and didn't get a 10% discount :)))