23 January 2011
19 January 2011
- Discussed what a retreat is
- Formed into groups of 7
- Shared own experiences
- Heard unexpected trials that friends are going through
- Evening Prayer
- Wrote retreat letters
- 11PM - Lights off
- 12MN - Slept
- Woke up 5:30AM
- Took a very very very cold bath
- Wrote retreat letters
- Breakfast (Egg, hotdog and rice - EKH)
- Went to check out the Hanging Bridge
- Morning session (Reconciliation)
- Discussed Sacrament of Penance & Reconciliation
- Siesta Time
- Went to check out the Tent Chapel
- Took lots of pictures
- Played games like little kids
- Afternoon Session - Confession
- Evening session - Thanksgiving
- A yarn of thread to give to the person you want to give thanks to and/or want to get to know more
- Cried, cried, and cried
- Is now peace with the person I was in conflict with before
Third Day (Jan 19 ‘11):
- Woke up 5:45AM
- Took a very very very cold bath
- Breakfast (Omelette and Spam with Rice)
- Packed things and fixed beds
- Morning session - Camiguin, Babuyan Islands
- AM Snacks
- Received a retreat note from Elcid :”>
- He’s one guy I got annoyed to before
- Gave hugs as sign of peace :”>
- Hugged boys, girls, and baklas! LOL.
- Prayed real hard that I cried my heart out
- Feels really good after the mass
- Took lots of pictures outside the chapel
- Roamed around Caleruega
- Took videos thanking Caleruega
- Went back to Manila :(
Twittascope’s predictions for me today:
You are eager to try something that is outside your usual comfort zone today, and this can take others by surprise. Unfortunately, they may judge you unkindly for your erratic behavior and might accuse you of being immature and irresponsible. However, this is your moment of truth, regardless of anyone else’s expectations. Act with confidence and express who you are and what you want.
So that’s what twittascope predicts for today. And it is right, as far as I understand it.
Today at work, I actually wanted to chat with the employees of RCBC, where I work. Of course, to chat just to know more about the bank and maybe share experiences because somehow, we all are in the same field. And to me that is something new, because not much of you knows, but I am a shy person when it comes to people I respect most for the position they are in.
Although, it would not be them who are likely to judge me. But my co-trainees. I am actually a happy-go-lucky person and I like smiling and laugh at my loudest. I have this co-trainee who did nothing but “magmataray” to me today. I don’t know what’s wrong with her, she’s being miss perfect and miss boring of course. She’s kind of not liking me because my time for OJT is so long daw, compared to what I really have rendered. Well, it’s actually fine with our head guard, but no, she’s all jealous. It’s not my fault I’m close with the head guard, bitch. Lol.So yeah, like what twittascope said, I will always act with confidence and just be who I am. Without thinking of what others might think, what’s important is that I am true to them, especially to myself.
So yeah, tomorrow I leave Dubai for Philippines at exactly 18:50 via Cathay Pacific Airlines.
Honestly, I don’t want to sleep tonight so I can actually make the most of my last night here. I don’t know, maybe watch a movie. Eat all I can, that is mom’s cooking, which I’ll be able to taste again after 3months. And go online, tell stories with my sister. I don’t know, anything and everything that I will miss most about my life here in Dubai.
Although I am also excited to go back to Philippines, because somehow I made a life there for myself, it’s still way different from how I look at Dubai asHome.
Only some of you may understand, because you have your whole family with you, I am going through something that is difficult. I never share with anyone this but I sometimes cry myself to sleep at night whenever I feel alone. Alone in a sense that I have no one with me to share my problems with. Unlike with the people I live with at home in Manila, I know for a fact that they don’t give a shit. So yeah, life is lonely without your family, willing to listen to everything that happened in school/work today.
Unlike some people I know, they don’t appreciate their family. I mean, you’re lucky enough to have them by your side anytime of the day. I mean, when I want to tell my mom something when I’m in school, I can’t just send her a text message, it would be so darn expensive. If I want to request something for my dad to bring home, I can’t just call him because yeah, he’s not in the Philippines to start with. I don’t know, I just love it here. Basically because my family and friends are here.
Okay, that’s all. To make the story short, I’m looking forward to Manila, yet I still don’t want to leave Dubai.
Posted Jan 4, 2011
Lesson of love:
- You two may be meant to be, but now is not the right time for it
- Sometimes, you’ve got to give the guy a break
- Don’t let your whole world revolve around one person
- When you love someone, you just have to leave some for yourself
- Never do anything stupid when you’re sad, to another person who is also sad (doing something stupid in bed)
- Always make time for each other no matter how busy you are with your studies or career
- Never depend on another person for your happiness
- “Ang love, walang pinipili yan. Lahat ng tao, nagpapakatanga!” - Gemma (Matet de Leon)
- “Lalaki lang yan! Ang dami-daming lalaki dito sa Pilipinas. Wala ka bang Facebook?” - (Eda Nolan)
- “Masakit yung gumagawa ng plano ang mahal mo.. but you’re not included in it.” - Lea (Desiree del Valle)
Theme Song (My opinion) - Too much love will kill you.
- We had Seafoods for our Media Noche
- Such as Steamed Fish & Lobster, and Grilled Shrimp
- Watched the fireworks display of Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab from our balcony
- My family was the only one who I think celebrated New Year at home
- They were all at Burj Khalifa watching the fireworks :(
- Papa and Mama gave their gifts
- I got an Ipod Touch 3G 32GB and my sister got a Nokia C7 Cellphone